Abuelita!

Howdy!

My Stampin' Up! mama just became a grandmother!  So, of course I had to send her a card to celebrate.

The baby's name starts with a "k" so I decided to create my own DSP for the card front.  I used the Epic Alphabet to stamp a "k" in Melon Mambo all over a piece of 5" x 3 3/4" Very Vanilla.  Then, I used my Stampin' Write Marker in Blushing Bride to color them all in.

Next, I did some Big Shot work.  I cut out the largest regular circle from the Layering Circles Framelits in vellum.  Then, I used some Melon Mambo and the hearts from the Umbrella Weather Framelits.  Finally, I stamped a onesie from the Made with Love stamp set in Melon Mambo on Blushing Bride and fussy cut that out (there are framelits, but I don't have them yet).  I used my Stampin' Write Marker in Melon Mambo to color the edges to make the onesie look more finished.

With all that done, I used some Very Vanilla scraps to create my sentiment.  I stamped "congrats" from Happy Happenings on one scrap and the rest of the sentiment from the Made with Love set on the other.



Now to put it all together.  I put my circle on my "DSP", that went on a piece of 5 1/4" x 4" Melon Mambo, which went on a Melon Mambo A2 card base.  Now, I added dimensionals to the onesie and sentiments.  I used a double layer of dimensionals on the right sides of the sentiment pieces and a single layer on the left sides.  Then, I started sticking them all down over the circle.  Finally, I added the heart with the Fine Tip Glue Pen and tweezers.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. This is a beautiful card. It's looks even better sitting on my wine bar. Thank you my dear. Love, Your Stampin' Mama

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts