Thank You for a Customer

Howdy!

Today's card is a thank you for a very good customer of mine (my only customer really).  It was heavily inspired by Dawn at dawnsstampingthoughts.net.

I started by cutting the following pieces and kept scraps on hand for the sentiment and embellishments:

Colored Cardstock:
    1 piece at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
    1 piece at 3" x 4"
    1 piece at 1 1/2" x 5"

Neutral Cardstock:
    1 piece at 3" x 4"

DSP:
    1 piece at 4" x 5 1/4"
    1 piece at 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"

To make sure that everything was centered and even, I started by adhering the neutral cardstock (in this case Very Vanilla) where I wanted it to the large piece of DSP (from Sweet Li'l Things for this card).  Next, I layered the small piece of DSP onto the 3" x 4" piece of colored cardstock (Watermelon Wonder for this).

Now, I scored my strip of colored cardstock at 3/4", folded and burnished it.  Then, I ran the longer section through the Softly Falling embossing folder.  At this point, I put some fuse on the back of the short piece (when the strip is folded) and added it to the large piece cardstock 1 3/4" or so in.  Honestly, I eyeballed that part.  Now, I could put my large piece of DSP on the large piece of cardstock.  Finally, I adhered the small piece of cardstock/DSP to the strip/flap using
fuse, making sure to line it up with the neutral cardstock underneath.

For the sentiment, I stamped "so much" from the Perfect Pairings (a Sale-A-Bration item) in Memento on Very Vanilla.  I punched that with 1 1/4" circle punch.  Then, I punched a Watermelon Wonder circle using the 1 3/8" circle punch and a 1 3/4" scallop circle from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  Next, I stamped the "thank you" from the same set on a strip of scrap Very Vanilla and bannered the end with my Hexagon Punch.  I stacked the two plain circles with snail and then used a little snail to attach the banner to the back of the circles.  Then popped up the whole thing with dimensionals on glimmer paper scallop circle and put that in the corner of the smaller panel.

To finish the card, I punched four Itty Bitty Accents Flowers and one Petite Petals Flower from Watermelon Wonder.  I colored these with Clear Wink of Stella and then elevated them after they dried using the back of my paper piercer and piercing mat.  I placed Basics Pearls in the center of each bloom and put them on the card with glue dots.

I hope you like it and thanks for visiting!


Comments

Popular Posts