Happy Birthday, Eric!

Howdy!

Today's projects were birthday presents for my most direct coworker that I actually really like.  He is always encouraging and can always make me smile.  Ironically, we graduated rival universities (about 20 years apart), which just adds to the fun lol

I wanted to do something bright and cheerful, since that is him to a tee.  So, I started with a piece of watercolor paper and the smaller solid balloon stamped from Balloon Celebrations.  I rolled the stamp in my first color of ink, Daffodil Delight, trying to get only the edge.  After stamping it, I used the edge to watercolor the inside.  I did the same with each color - Pumpkin Spice, Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay, and Pacific Point.  Some of the colors/balloons didn't watercolor from the edge as freely as others.  When this happens, I use the ink in the lid to supplement the color from the edges.  I used my heat tool to dry each color of balloons completely before moving on to the next.  I was also really careful when overlapping balloons to make sure that colors weren't going to make a muddy mess.  After all the balloons were dry, I drew a string on each of them with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.

Next, I took a strip of vellum and heat embossed the sentiment from Happy Happenings using Memento Tuxedo Black and clear embossing powder.  After it cooled, I used Fast Fuse along the top and bottom of the balloon panel on the back to fold and adhere the vellum to the panel.  I placed this panel atop an embossing Daffodil Delight card front.  I used Stylish Stripes for the embossing.  After that, I placed it all on a Cucumber Crush card base.  Finally, I added It's My Party Enamel Dots to finish the card.


Because I like Eric so much, I then made a little bag that I filled candy.  I used a piece of Wildflower Fields DSP to create the bag (measurements below).  I decorated the bag with a Daffodil Delight and Cucumber Crush balloon stamped with same stamp that we used for the watercoloring and the larger matching one.  I stamped these each off once and then topped them with the dotted stamp from the same set.  I punched these using the Balloon Bouquet Punch. I adhered these flat to the bag and drew the same style strings on the balloons.  Then, I took a couple of scraps - one of thick white and one of Daffodil Delight.  I stamped the same sentiment in Cucumber Crush on the white piece.  Afterwards, I used my Hexagon Punch to turn both scraps into banners.  I stapled the two together and put them on the bag with dimensionals.  Finally, I used my 1/8" Handheld Punch to pop holes on each side and ran ribbon threw these to create handles.  Ta-da!


Here are the measurements:

DSP:  11 1/2" x 6"
Long Side Scores:  3 1/2", 5 1/2", 9", 11"
Short Side Scores:  4"


As usual, I would love to see your versions!  Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. Love reading your blog. Another beautiful Jessica creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super projects. Lucky co-worker to receive such a great card & gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! Love the bright balloons and your design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts