Father's Day Card 1

Howdy!

Father's Day is this weekend, so I thought I would share the card I popped in the mail yesterday for my daddy, who was a builder, handyman, and/or general contractor most of my youth - even though there is a lot of retired product involved (sorry).


I started by stamping the saw and hammer from the Nailed It stamp set on silver foil.  I, also, stamped the saw on some Soft Suede cardstock and the hammer on some Night of Navy cardstock.  I ran all of these throught the Big Shot with the mathching Build It framliets.  Plus, I did a ruler with the same framelit set and more silver foil.  I trimmed off the colored pieces to layer over the foil pieces and combined them using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.  To make the saw more realistic, I snipped along the blade and used my 1/16" Handheld Punch to in the circles of the silver foil piece and added them to the Soft Suede part before I layered the pieces.  I set those under an acrylic block to dry and moved on to the rest.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the Urban District stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black on Very Vanilla.  I added a couple of the screwheads from the Urban Underground Embellishments to each end of the sentiment strip.


With all my pieces prepped, I was ready to starting building (no pun intended).  I added a bit of Wood Textures DSP (this is in our current catalog and is AMAZING) to a Soft Suede A2 cardbase.  To this, I added the ruler.  Next, I added the saw and hammer using dimensionals.  Finally, I topped it all off with the dimensioanls and the sentiment piece.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts