PPA 288

Howdy!

Today's PPA challenge was a sketch (see right).  I went back and forth quite a bit with his sketch.  I couldn't decide what kind of card it should be, or even a color scheme.  Then it hit me... a shaker card!  That circle was perfect!  Now for a type and colors.  I recently got the Have a Cuppa DSP Stack and was flipping through it.  When I saw the cupcakes I was done.  I would use the cupcake paper as my background/card front and make a birthday shaker card!

So, I cut a piece of Basic Gray to 10" x 5", scored at 5" to create a 5" x 5" card base (note:  this is the smallest square card that can safely mailed).  Then, I cut my DSP and a piece of thick white cardstock to 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".  I went ahead and adhered these with some snail.  I wanted to be sure that my card front had plenty of stability.  From here, I used my Circles Collection Framelits to cut my shaker window.  While I had my dies and everything out, I used the same circle framelit with the next size up on Melon Mambo to create a frame for my window.  I used some Tombow to attach the frame to the front and to glue a square of acetate to the back of the card front to create my actual window.


Next, I added a piece of White Stitched Satin Ribbon to the left side using a bit of fuse on the back of the card front.  Then, I stamped my sentiment from Suite Sayings with Memento Tuxedo Black and quickly covered that with clear embossing powder.  After I heat set that, I punched it out with the Extra Large Oval and adhered that to a piece of Melon Mambo that I punched out with the Decorative Label Punch, which I placed under the window.

Now, it's time to create the shaker.  I placed foam strip around the window and all over the back of the card front.  Then, I added glitter and sequins and sealed it up by placing my card base on foam tape.  Finally, I added a matching bow with mini glue dots, and VIOLA!




Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a little obsessed with shakers at the moment.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. It's adorable Jessica. I love the pop of Melon Mambo on the Wisteria Wonder dsp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ma'am. I love Melon Mambo with everything lol

      Delete
    2. Thank you, ma'am. I love Melon Mambo with everything lol

      Delete
  3. Perfect use of the sketch! I love the shaker card. I've made a few and want to make more, but they just often seem to difficult. Thank you for playing along with the Pals paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ma'am! Honestly, shaker cards just take patience. Give it a shot. They are very rewarding.

      Delete
  4. What a fun card! Your blog is done in such happy colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts