Flowering Fields Sympathy Card

Howdy!


Unfortunately, today's card is a sympathy card for some dear friends whose grandmother passed recently.  I hate it, but sympathy cards are a part of life, so the least that I can do is make them nice.

This one, though maybe slightly feminine, I tried to keep on the neutral side.  I used the Flowering Fields stamp set from our Sale-A-Bration Flyer and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (I really recommend StazOn or our Archival Basic Black for coloring though).  I used the following Stampin' Write Markers to color the fauna for my card front:  Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Smokey Slate, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz.

I cut my stamped piece of thick white cardstock to 5" x 3 3/4".  I placed this in the top right corner of a piece So Saffron cardstock cut to 5 1/4" x 4", which I placed in the top right corner of an Island Indigo card base.



For the sentiment, I used a 3/4" scrap of Island Indigo and a 1/2" scrap of thick white.  I used the "You're In My Thoughts" from A Dozen Thoughts stamp set (Side note:  this is a vital part of my stamping arsenal.  I used this stamp set constantly and highly recommend it to every stamp beginner and advanced alike.) and finished everything off with a So Saffron Candy Dot.


Thank you so much for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts