Manly You're in My Thoughts Card

Howdy!


A coworker and friend has a brother that recently made an attempt on his own life.  He has struggled with mental illness and substance abuse for a longtime I am told.  These subjects are close to my heart and this coworker is, as well.  So, I decided to make him a card.  He doesn't know me, but having known many people with the same afflictions, I want him to know that there is hope and good left in the world.

I used a Basic Black base with a piece of Going Places DSP as my card front.  I used my Banner Triple Punch to create a 2" wide Basic Black banner, a 1 1/2" wide Island Indigo banner, and a 1" wide Sahara Sand banner.  I ran the two wider banners through the Elegant Dots embossing folder and the 1" banner through the Stylish Stripes embossing folder.


I used the "you're in my thoughts" sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts with Memento Tuxedo Black and Very Vanilla cardstock, but I masked off "thoughts" to start and stamped the first part.  Then, I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the "thoughts" right under the first part.  Next, I punched this out with my 1 3/8" circle punch.  I punched a 1 1/2" circle of Basic Black to layer my sentiment over.



I used snail for everything, except for under the black circle; I used dimensionals to pop up the sentiment piece.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts