Sponged Valentine

Howdy!

This is my second Valentine's Day card. This one will be going to my parents.  This one is also inspired by KWerner Design. 

On this one, I used a heart outline stamp that I've had for ages with the double hearts from A Beautiful Ride and the little heart from Made With Love. I started stamping with Blushing Bride at the top of my thick white card front. Then, I started mixing in Melon Mambo follows by Rose Red.  Next, I went back with my Stampin' Write Markers (Subtles; Brights; Regals) and colored in some of the hearts. 

To create the ombré effect I used triangles of Stamping Sponges and the same inks. I started with Blushing Bride and took that almost to the top. Next, I came in with Melon Mambo, taking that just a bit over halfway. Finally, I used Rose Red to darken the bottom portion.


I stamped my sentiment from Suite Sayings in Memento Tuxedo Black on vellum and quickly poured our clear embossing powder over the top (don't forget to use your Embossing Buddy first).  After I heat set this, I cut it out with the Circles Collection Framelits.  I punched out some Real Red hearts using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I decorated my vellum circle with mini glue dots. Then, I placed mini glue dots on the back of the vellum behind the hearts and stuck that to my card front.   I added the "Happy Valentine's Day" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes with mini glue dots (punched with the Word Window Punch), as well.  

Finally, I put the whole thing on a Real Red card base.  After looking at the whole thing though, I decided it needed something else... So, I added Clear Wink of Stella to each of the punched hearts and a few of the small stamped hearts. 

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts