PPA 286

Howdy!

Time for another PPA Challenge.  Today's is sketch-based, as seen to the right.  I'll tell you what... I STRUGGLED with the sketch.  I have no idea why, but I just could NOT seem to come up with a card.  I probably looked at at least ten different DSPs, twenty different color combinations, oh, and don't even get me started on embellishments... Gah!  I had total creative block.

Well, my youngest "sister" just got inducted into the National Honor Society.  Impressive, right?!  So, I thought that called for a special card.  Since, I wanted something different and spunky for her, I thought, "Well, maybe I can try this sketch again."  Now I had a theme - congratulations.  Colorwise, I know she loves purples, and her new room is done in turquoise, white, black, and greys.  Ok, grey and white are great neutrals, and who doesn't love a good turquoise and purple combo, right?  So, colors... check.  Layout... check.  Time to make this happen...

Oddly, I ended up LOVING the results lol  I used an Island Indigo base with a piece of DSP from the Moonlight DSP Stack as my front.  For the front, I cut my DSP the usual with, but a 1/4" shorter than usual since I would be cutting it at a diagonal and spreading it out a 1/4" to create the little gap that you see in the sketch.  Next, I added a 1/2" strip of Elegant Eggplant (man, I forgot how beautiful this color is) that I embossed with the Argyle embossing folder and my Big Shot.  The banner I created with an 1 1/2" strip of Basic Gray that I embossed with the Elegant Dots embossing folder, and then, punch out with my Banner Triple Punch.  I added a Candy Dot Brad Base with an Island Indigo Candy Dot to each end.  Finally, I stamped my sentiment Suite Sayings in VersaMark (after, of course, using my Embossing Buddy), heat embossed it in white, and punched that out with my 2 1/2" circle punch.  On the inside, I used a second sentiment from Suite Sayings and Elegant Eggplant ink to dress it up a bit.   Of course, I used Snail for the flat bits and dimensionals for the banner and sentiment.





















 Hope you like this not-so-simple card; and, thanks for visiting!


Comments

  1. It doesn't look like you struggled at all, Jessica! This is a wonderful card to congratulate your sister! It is so nice that this really focuses on her and her special colors. Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no.....sorry you struggled but the end result is terrific! Perfect for her and great that you used her colors! Glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding!!! You would never know you struggled!! Fabulous job!! Thank you for playing with us over at the Pals Paper Arts this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combination and love the embossed layers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combination and love the embossed layers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me smile! I just love to hear that there are others that get "stuck" with a challenge but YOU ROCKED IT!!! Thanks for playing and keep on stampin' as you do it GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all really made me smile. Thank you so much for your kind sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color combinations! The unconventional combinations with violet worked very well. I liked the diamond-hexagon matrix on the gray base.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts