Flowers in a Mug Card

Howdy!

Sometimes we all need flowers, and these won't even die :)  I used a Melon Mambo card base with a piece of Perfectly Artistic DSP as my card front.

I punched three sets of blooms from Blossom Bunch Punch out of thick white.  I gave those a bit of lift using the rounded end of my Paper-Piercing Tool and Stampin' Pierce Mat.  Then, I stacked up each set using Mini Glue Dots and placed a large It's My Party Melon Mambo Enamel Dot in the center.

I placed these aside and cut a mug from the Cups & Kettles Dies out of Melon Mambo.  I stamped this with the little flower from Birthday Blooms in VersaMark.  I coated that with clear embossing powder and heat set it.

Next, I took at 3/4" strip of thick white and punched the first end with my Banner Triple Punch.  I used Melon Mambo ink to stamp my sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts and QUICKLY covered that with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I trimmed the strip 7/8" longer than I wanted the finished banner
to be and then punched it again.

Time for the last bit of stamping and assembly.  I laid everything out and took a soft leaded pencil to LIGHTLY traced the top and bottom of the mug.  Then, I used Memento ink with the string from Balloon Celebration to create the stems for the flowers, making sure to keep the stems within the traced lines.  Finally, I adhered the mug with snail and the Fine-Tip Glue Pen (on the handle) and the flowers with more glue dots.  Finally, I placed the sentiment banner at the bottom with dimensionals.


Thanks for visiting!


Comments

Popular Posts