PPA 289

Howdy!

This PPA Challenge is a color challenge.  It calls for Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz, and Pink Pirouette; and, though I LOVE this color combo, I really wasn't sure what to do with it.  In the end, I decided since it was a very happy, springy combination that I wanted the final card to reflect that.  My little sister/cousin recently broke up with her first love and is understandably feeling a little down.  This card is for her : )

I decided to do a creative fold card to give it a little extra "somethin-somethin".  I used Pear Pizzazz cardstock for all the folding bits.  I complemented this with DSP from the Love Blossoms DSP Stack.

I decorated the very front with Night of Navy flowers punched with the Petite Petals Punch and the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack flower.  I used Pear Pizzazz Candy Dots in the small flowers and Blushing Bride Candy Dots in the larger flowers.



I stamped my sentiment from You're So Lovely in Versamark ink on Pear Pizzazz and topped that with white embossing powder (don't forget the Embossing Buddy!).  After heat setting the sentiment, I punched it with the the Extra Large Oval Punch.  I backed the sentiment with a piece of Night of Navy punched with the Decorative Label Punch.  I cut the label in half and trimmed the center points away, so that I could extend the shape and get more Night of Navy in the card.  I used dimensionals on the oval, but put the modified Decorative Label directly onto the card with a bit of snail.

If you would like to make a card with folds like this, you'll need these pieces:

Base cardstock:  4 1/4" x 8 1/4" scored at 5 1/2"
Front cardstock:  3 1/4" x 9" scored at 4 1/2"

Base DSP:  4" x 5 1/4"
Side DSP:  2 1/2" x 4" (two if you want to decorate the inside)
Front DSP:  3" x 4 1/4" (two if you want to decorate the inside)

Thanks so much for visiting!


Comments

  1. Such a pretty card Jessica, and a wonderful and differnet card fold! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Jessica! The fold is wonderful, and I love how you've used the sweet Candy Dots on the blue flowers. Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore fun fold cards. Beautifully executed use of the color palette. The candy dots on the flowers are a great finishing touch. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Pals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts