Magnetic Flap Box Tutorial

Howdy!

As promised, here is the tutorial for this week's PPA Challenge creation.  The finished box is 3 1/4" tall and wide and 1" deep.  I used Melon Mambo cardstock for the box itself.  I used Pacific Point cardstock with Go Wild DSP stack for the panels.  I used my Project Life Corner Rounder to add a nice finishing detail to my flap.

I stamped the "w" from the Epic Alphabet on thick white cardstock with StazOn Black Ink and punched it out with the 1 1/2" Circle Punch.  I colored the "w" with my Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker.  I placed this over a 1 3/4" Scallop Circle with dimensionals and put the whole thing on the lower corner of the box.  To decorate the flap and finish it all off, I placed a Melon Mambo Candy Dot in the corner.

The box very comfortably holds six notecards decorated with one layer of dimension and all six envelopes.  It could definitely hold more, too.


Here are all the measurements for the pieces that I used:

Cardstock for box:  10 7/8" x 5 1/4"
Cardstock for the front and back mattes:  3" x  3"
Cardstock for the sides and top mattes:  3" x 3/4"
Cardstock for flap matte:  3" x 1"

DSP for front and back:  2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
DSP for sides and top:  2 3/4" x 1/2"
DSP for flap:  2 3/4" x 3/4"

To create the box, score at:

Longside:  3 1/4", 4 1/4", 7 1/2", 8 1/2", 9 3/4"
Shortside:  1", 4 1/4"


And finally, here is the video tutorial...



Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your cute little well made box ! And thank you for the great video !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to see yours if you make one :)

      Delete
  2. Love this box, especially using the magnets. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and watching!

      (btw, I deleted the duplicate comment)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts