A Comforting Card

Howdy!

Unfortunately, death is part of life, which means sympathy cards are also part of life.  My mother's best friend's father recently pasted away and the card that I'm sharing today is the little piece of comfort that I sent her.

I originally wanted to do muted, yet cheerful colors to attempted to brighten her spirits.  But, as I thought about Beckye and played with my scraps and the sentiments I was considering, this card basically put itself together.

I ended up using a piece of DSP from the Playful Palette on a Basic Black A2 card base.  I layered that with a piece of gold foiled vellum on the left side.  I tied a bow around the whole card front using our Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon.  I topped that with with a circle of our Gold Foil Sheet cut out using the Layering Circle Framelits and finished the card with a sentiment from Flourishing Phrases in Memento Tuxedo Black on Very Vanilla that I also cut out with the Layering Circles Framelits.



Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts