Just Breathe

Howdy!

I am very blessed to be part of a wonderful online stamping community through my Stampin' Up! uplines.  Because of this, sometimes I am given the opportunity to encourage others by sending cards.  Today's card is exactly for that.  Someone in our community shared that her daughter was going through a particularly hard time right now and asked us to send cards.  Here is what I'm sending...


As soon as I read the details of her situation, I had an idea of what I wanted to create and then I found out that her favorite color was blue and I knew my design was perfect.  It is intentionally simple, because in times of upheaval, we often need to be reminded to stop, breathe, and simply take one step at a time.  So, I started with a piece of Tempting Turquoise that I topped with the cloud stencil from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and covered it with Embossing Paste.


While that was drying, I immediate cleaned everything that can in contact with the embossing paste.  Then, I stamped "just breathe" from the Colorful Seasons stamp set on a piece of thick white in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I didn't get a clean impression when I stamped it.  I would normally restamp, but it was happy accident this time.  I actually really like the effect it gave the card.


I punch a hole in each end with my 1/8" Handheld Punch and using mini glue dots on the back of the sentiment piece, I ran a bit of Whisper White Baker's Twine through the wholes to create the look of a sign.  I added the "sign" to the card front using dimensionals and stuck the top of the twine down with mini glue dot.  Next, I added a little bow using another glue dot.  Finally, I added the whole thing to a Soft Sky A2 card front.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts