Birthday Balloons

BalloonBday1Howdy!

Today’s card is my father-in-law’s birthday card.

To begin, I cut out 4 or 5 (can’t remember for sure now) “congrats” from the Sunshine Wishes Bundle in Cucumber Crush.  I used my Fine Tip Glue Pen to stack these one on top of the other to make a faux chipboard piece.  In the end I felt that I blended into the card too much, so I cut out a Daffodil Delight “congrats” as well to go on the very top of the Cucumber Crush “chipboard” piece.  I really like the effect it created on the final card, honestly.

I started the actual card with a Cucumber Crush card base that I topped with a piece of Cherry of Top DSP.  I used my Fine Tip Glue Pen again, this time to add the “congrats” to the card. 

BalloonBday2I stamped a sentiment from the same bundle on a piece of Daffodil Delight and punched that out with the Balloon Builder Punch.  Then, I punched out a Bermuda Bay balloon with the same punch.  I popped up the smaller balloon with one layer of dimensionals, and the bigger with two layers.  As, an after thought I added a little Basic Grey Baker’s Twine to decorate the balloons and finish the card.


Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts