PPA 320

Howdy!


For this week's simple PPA Challenge sketch (click here to see the sketch and other entries), I decided to attempt a masculine card.

I started with a Very Vanilla A2 card base and added a piece of Moroccan DSP to cover the whole front.  This particular piece has shades of Cajun Craze, plus Very Vanilla and dots of Emerald Envy.

So, I used a scrap of Emerald Envy cardstock that I dry embossed with the Petal Burst folder (which seems to be my go-to lately) and my Big Shot on the right side of the card front.  I used Fast Fuse for this.  I highly recommend a super sticky adhesive for this, because the added texture makes it resistant to staying put.

Next, I stamped my sentiment from Flourishing Phrases in Emerald Envy on a scrap of Very Vanilla that I flagged on the end (try using the Banner Triple Punch).  Finally, I popped this up with dimensionals.


Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. You did a great job with your card. I like how you matched the dots of the background paper with the sentiment and side embossed strip. Very nice. victoryfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that about SU!, it's so easy to color coordinate things.

      Delete
  2. This makes a great masculine card, Jessica! I love the colors you chose and the embossed strip of Emerald Envy. Thanks so much for joining us at the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always struggle with masculine cards.

      Delete
  3. A perfect clean and simple masculine card, Jessica! I LOVE the Emerald Envy embossed strip...it goes so perfectly with the designer paper!!! Thanks for sharing at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Emerald Envy is just gorgeous :)

      Delete
  4. Super take on the sketch! You are just like me....take it the way you see it! I have a HUGE smile when I see your Blog Header - LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts