Birthday Truck

Howdy!

My father-in-law is about to celebrate a birthday, so I needed to create a manly card.  Like I mentioned before, he loves cars.  And, he actually has an old red __ that he inherited from his father that is working on right now.  I know that the truck on the card isn't an exact match of course, but it is a nice nod.  So, without furthday ado...


I started by taking a bit of our new embossing paste (SO EXCITED!!!) onto my silicone mat.  I added a drop, maybe two (I don't remember for sure lol), of Chocolate Chip ink from my reinker.  I mixed that with my palette knife and then smeared it over my A2 Crumb Cake cardbase that I masked with the bricks from the Party Decorative Masks.  I set that aside to dry and IMMEDIATELY went to rinse/wash my mat, mask, and palette knife.


Next, I stamped my truck from the Country Livin' stamp set on watercolor paper in StazOn (we no longer carry this, but the Archival Basic Black is GREAT for this.  I just don't have it yet.).  Next, I used my Stampin' Write Markers (in Real Red, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, and Early Espresso) with my Aqua Painter and a small paint brush to color my truck scene.  I set this aside to dry, as well.


Now, I stamped my sentiment (the only retired bit, but I really liked the vintage feel of this font) from the Perfect Pairings stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  Then, I cut that out using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and my Big Shot.


Time to layer... I started but adding the truck scene to the cardbase using Fast Fuse.  Then, I finished it all out with the sentiment on dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts