Mini Self Closing Bag - with a video!

Howdy!

Today's project is not a completely original one, but it is completely adorable and easily giftable.  I have seen this style of bag all over Pinterest and YouTube for awhile, but I recently watched a video by Ann's Happy Stampers.  In hers, she tried to add a round Lindt Truffle to her bag, but it wouldn't close properly.  I LOVE Lindt Truffles and I enjoy gifting them.  So, I decided to create one specifically for those truffles.  Check the end of this post for my video!


I started my stamping all over a 4" x 5 1/2" piece of Whisper White using my Playful Backgrounds stamp set with So Saffron and Sweet Sugarplum.  From there, I used my Simply Scored to score it at 2 1/2" and 5" on the long side.  On the short side, I scored at 1 1/4" and 3 1/4".  Next, on the long side that has the 1 1/4" gap from the edge I scored to that first score line at 1 3/4" and 4 1/4".  At this point, I placed the piece on my grid paper and scored from the partial score line to each corner.

I folded and burnished all the straight score lines.  Then, I got rid of the little rectangle pieces and wedged the end tab.  I cut up and wedged into all of the four bottom squares and separated the two top tabs.  At this point, I folded and burnished the diagonal score lines.  I added Fast Fuse to attached the end tab to the side of the box and then more to close up the bottom.


With the box built, I stamped a sentiment from the Tabs for Everything stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on more Whisper White.  I punched that out with the 3/4" Circle Punch and along a matching circle of Sweet Sugarplum cardstock.  I layered those with a dimensional and used a little Snail to add that to the bag.  Finally, I decorated it with Enamels Shapes in So Saffron and Sweet Sugarplum.


And, here is a photo of the prototype that I showed in the video.


I used a piece of paper from the Cupcakes & Carousels DSP stack to create the bag.  I decorated it using the same stamp set, Early Espresso ink, Very Vanilla cardstock, 1" Circle Punch, Layering Circles Framelits, Bermuda Bay cardstock, and a Bermuda Bay Enamel Shape.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts