Ombre Birthday

Howdy!

I made this card ages ago!  So, when I ran across the picture and realized that most of the products were still current, I decided to go ahead and share, because honestly... it's a super easy card and can be adapted to work for many occasions.


I started by choosing a few colors (in this case, from top to bottom:  Blackberry Bliss (try Fresh Fig or Berry Burst here instead), Melon Mambo, and Blushing Bride).  You could do any color progression, just try to keep them in the same family for an ombre effect, otherwise it will be more of a striped effect - still pretty, just different.  Once, I chose my colors, I stamped each across a piece of thick white using the strip of hearts from the Birthday Blooms stamp set.

Then, I took a strip of vellum and rubbed it down really well with my Embossing Buddy.  I stamped it with a sentiment from the Feather Together stamp set in Versamark in and heat set it with copper embossing powder.  After it was cool, I added some Fast Fuse to the ends on the back and wrapped it around the cardfront.


Finally, I added the cardfront to a Blushing Bride A2 cardbase.  Like I said, suuuper simple and easy to recreate and adapt to other occasions.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts