PPA 291

Howdy!


Today's PPA Challenge is a color challenge calling for Cucumber Crush, Pool Party, and Watermelon Wonder.  Since I don't have a DSP with these colors, I decided to make my own in a sense.  I punched hexagons from each color cardstock using my Hexagon Punch.  After I punch a whole bunch of them, I embossed all the Cucumber Crush hexies with Stylish Stripes, all the Pool Party hexies with Softly Falling, and all the Watermelon Wonder hexies with Elegant Dots.  Once the embossing was done, I started adhering the hexagons to a piece of thick white using liquid glue, making sure to snug each one up the previous completely.  Then, I trimmed any overhang with my craft scissors.

To create my sentiment element, I used a scrap strip of thick white and with the hearts from Birthday Blooms and Watermelon Wonder that I stamped off twice before adding to the white strip.  Then, I topped this with a sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I "v-d" the end with my Hexagon Punch.  After I glued it down with snail, I added a Bow Clip to the edge.  Finally, I put the whole thing on a Basic Black card base.




Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. Perfect job on the hexies and this challenge! Super fun card, Jessica. Thanks so much for joining the PPA challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the colors Jessica. Thanks for playing with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Jessica! Your combination of colors and textures work perfectly together on these fun hexagons. Thanks so much for playing along with this week's PPA color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was a lot of work. A great HAPPY card for the recipient. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Pals this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts