PPA 292

Howdy!

Welcome to another Pals Paper Arts Challenge.  This week we are working off of a sketch.  This sketch has lots of layers, which I LOVE, but can get busy.  So, I decided to keep to a strict color palette.

I used thick white for my card base and the confetti from Birthday Bouquet DSP as my background, then I took a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" square of Watermelon Wonder that I embossed with my Softly Falling embossing folder.  I also ran a Watermelon Wonder circle through the same folder.  I put a Candy Dot Brad Base in the corner of the square and placed a Mint Macaron enamel dot from the It's My Party Enamel Dots on top.
After putting the square over the confetti, trimmed the colored circle and adhered that.  Then, I took a 1 3/4" x 4 1/4" piece of the same DSP, but flipped over as my next layer.  As my last flat layer, I took a 3/4" strip that used my Hexagon Punch on the end to make it a banner.  Then, I ran it through the Stylish Stripes and adhered it the banner layer.

I stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Blooms stamp set on thick white with Memento Tuxedo Black and punched it out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch.  I popped this up with dimensionals centered up with the Watermelon Wonder circle.

Finally, I punched Watermelon Wonder flowers out from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and the Petite Petals Punch.  I gave these dimension with my piercing mat and the back of my paper piercer and put Mint Macaron Enamel Dots in the center.  To finish everything off, I used glue dots to create a little cluster slightly off centered.


Thanks for visiting!


Comments

  1. So pretty and festive. Love the candy dit centers for those sweet little flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and festive. Love the candy dit centers for those sweet little flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card, Jessica! I love the bright colors and the adorable flowers. You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN...as usual~ The colors and the attention to detail - over the top! Don't you just love those enamel dots! Thanks for playing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty, you used the sketch fabulously. Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts