PPA 290

Howdy!

For today's PPA Challenge I decided to keep everything neutral.  I used a Very Vanilla base cut to the usual 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", but scored at 1 1/2" and 5 3/4" to make an off centered gate-fold card.  I embossed the front flaps with the Elegant Dots embossing folder.  My center DSP panel is a 3" x 3" square from the Pretty Petals DSP Stack that I backed with a 3" x  3" piece of Very Vanilla for stability and to hide the second pattern.  This I adhered using fuse.

Instead of a circle, like in the sketch, I went with a cluster of flowers.  I punched three sets of shapes from the Blossom Bunch Punch from Very Vanilla and then pushed in the center of each with the back of my paper piercer and piercing mat.  Then, I used glue dots to stack the sets into each other and placed a black candy dot in the center of the top flower.  I also used glue dots to adhere these to the card.

To create the sentiment element, I started by stamping the lace from Grateful Bunch with Basic Gray onto a my grid paper once, then onto a scrap of Very Vanilla.  Then, I used a sentiment from the Six-Sided Sampler in Memento Tuxedo Black.  After the stamping, I punched out everything out with the Washi Label Punch and adhered it with dimensionals.



Et voila!  It's simple and monochromatic, but I really like it.  This is something that I will probably remake in various forms again, so keep an eye out ;)


Thanks for visiting!


Comments

  1. I love the sweet cluster of daisies on the gorgeous DSP! Really fun card. Thanks for sharing at the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! I wish I would have thought to make a fold card like you and others did. And it's my sketch! So creative. Thanks for joining the Pals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your blog, having come here from Mary Fish's Sunday highlight. I love your interpretation of this sketch! I might have to CASE your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying your blog, having come here from Mary Fish's Sunday highlight. I love your interpretation of this sketch! I might have to CASE your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very dramatic and stunning, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this elegant and clever card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FUN card!! Love it!! Thank you for playing with us over at the Pals Paper Arts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts