DSP Embellishments

Howdy!

Today's post isn't a card or a 3D project, but a little tip about prepping for them and getting more out a particular DSP that we are offering right now - the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper.  Within this DSP pack, there are two pieces of paper that coordinate with the Coffee Cups Framelits.  On these two pieces of paper there are two little to-go coffee cups that can be cut out with the die.  But, being a crafter on a budget (as I'm sure most of us are) and always being conscientious of waste, I couldn't stand not using the whole sheet.  So, I careful cut the paper into strips that would go through the Big Shot, making sure not to nick any whole images.  I ran them through with the die and below you see what I had left.


From here, I grabbed my Paper Snips and started fussy cutting.  I cut out all the images that would seem whole when separated from the paper.  I know that not everyone is in to fussy cutting, but these images are pretty simple (I did not cut out the inside of the handles on any image, but the drip pot) and with so many you really do hit a groove.  It honestly didn't take as long as I expected either - less than an hour - and I think it was definitely worth it.  A great project to do when you want to veg on the couch for a bit.


Above you can see the fruits of my labors.  Are they perfect?  No.  Do they look great if you don't look too closely?  Yes!  Do I now have dozens of little embellishments ready to go and almost zero waste for an entire piece of DSP?  YES!  I'm storing them in a couple of little containers that some other embellishments that have used up (the Stampin' Up! Antique Brads) came in, so that they stay contained and pristine :)  I haven't decided if I'm going to do the second sheet yet, or if I'm going to save that to use on a card front.  For now, I probably have enough little pots and cups to keep my creating for bit.  What do you think?

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts