Another Furry Sympathy Card

Howdy!

I love making and sending cards, but I HATE making sympathy cards.  It hurts me that the recipient is hurting and I can't fix it.  Unfortunately, another friend lost her fur baby.  So, today's card is what I made and sent her to let her know that I am here for her...


I started by stamping the raindrop stamp from the Lovely Inside & Out in Soft Sky all over a piece of thick white.  Then, I added some stormy clouds to the top of the card front using Smoky Slate ink, Soft Sky ink, and Stampin' Sponges (I cut mine in to eight pieces and then staple a scrap of cardstock in whatever color the ink I will be using is, that way I have a designated sponge for each color and a handy helper to keep my hands cleaner).


With that done, I stamped my sentiment from the same set on a scrap of white using Dapper Denim ink and punched out with the Classic Label Punch.  Next, I used a scrap of Dapper Denim cardstock, our Adhesive Sheets, and the coordinating thinlets for the stamp set (Lovely Words Thinlits) to cut out the rest of the sentiment.  With the sentiment pieces prepped, I added the white piece with Snail and stuck down the "hugs" a little over it.


Then, I wrapped the card front with 1/8" Stitched Ribbon in Smoky Slate and tied a bow.  I layered the card front over a piece of Smoky Slate and that over a Dapper Denim A2 card base.  Finally, I added Glitter Enamel Dots to the card for a sparkly finishing touch.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts