Another Green Bean Note

Howdy!

Today's card is another "green bean" note, but could easily be used for something else.


I started with Crumb Cake mini card front that I stamped the crosshatch image from the Best Birds stamp set all over using Early Espresso.  Honestly, it reminds me of burlap (which is how coffee beans are stored and shipped before packaging) when done like this and I don't have our new Burlap background stamp - YET.  I added this to an Early Espresso 3" x 3" mini card base.

With that done, I started building my little latte.  I stamped the lid image from the Coffee CafĂ© stamp set in Smokey Slate on thick white.  But, I wanted it really light, so I stamped it off once first.  Then, I stamped one of the heart images from the same set on to a piece of Garden Green cardstock in Early Espresso.  While I have my ink out, I stamped a sentiment from the Better Together stamp set on a piece of thick white.


With everything stamped, I used my Big Shot to cut out my lid, heart stopper, the smaller cup in thick white, and a "corrugated" cup sleeve in Soft Suede using the Coffee Cup Framelits.  I, then, used a combination of the Fine Tip Glue Pin, Fast Fuse, and a mini glue dot to assemble my little cup.  While that was setting, I flagged the end of my sentiment strip and wrapped the other end with a bit Linen Thread (keep with that burlap inspiration from earlier).

With all the individual pieces ready, I started layering.  I added the latte to the card with Fast Fuse and, then, finished the card with the sentiment on dimensionals.  I plan to give this to a "green bean", but might not, so I haven't finished the inside of the card yet.  If I do give it to a "green bean", then I will stamp a set of beans from the Coffee CafĂ© set in Garden Green in the bottom corner of  the inside of card (and maybe add a set to the bottom corner of the front, too) and sign it with something like, "...to say welcome to the team."

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts