Dandelion Sympathy Card

Howdy!

Unfortunately, today's card is a sympathy card.  A former coworker recently lost her father and this is the card that I made her.  You might have noticed that this is not completely original.  I made a dandelion card awhile back, but for some reason the design spoke to me again.  I guess the beauty of the flower's cycle of life, death, and rebirth is perfect for this occasion.


I started by repeatedly stamping the large and small dandelion piece images and also the stem from Balloon Celebration stamp set in Smoky Slate on a piece of thick white.  From here, I rubbed the card front down with my Embossing Buddy really well and stamped the Sorry from the Sorry for Everything stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then stamped directly over it with Versamark ink.  I covered that with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I debated adding the "I'm so very" and "for your loss" to the card front, but decided to keep it on the simple side.

With the stamping and embossing done, I decided to add a little bling.  I wanted something that would add some interest without deterring from the simplicity of the card.  So, I used silver sequins out of our Metallic Sequin Assortment and adhered them using our Fine Tip Glue Pen.  Once the glue was dry, I used a bit of Fast Fuse to add the card front to a Basic Black A2 card base and was done.


I have lost enough loved ones in my life to know that there is nothing anyone can say or do to fix how we feel during these times of grief, but occasionally someone can offer a momentary bit of joy or comfort and for however fleeting that moment is, it is a moment less spent in pain.  I hope that I can lessen my friend's pain, but at least one moment.

Thanks for visiting.

Comments

Popular Posts