Summery Birthday Card

Howdy!

Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday and she wasn't just born in the summer she loves summer.  She adores sitting out by her pool with her golden retriever, Aggie (whose pool it really is).  She also loves red and other summery colors.  So, below you will find her card.


I started by using the Colorful Seasons stamp set to create a fun beach chair background on a piece of thick white using Early Espresso, Real Red, and Pumpkin Pie.

With that done, I used our new Adhesive Sheets, Real Red cardstock, and the Happy Birthday Thinlet to cut out three sentiments.  Let's take a second here to discuss these adhesive sheets... THEY. ARE. AMAZING.  And, you need them.  I LOVE intricate die cuts, but HATE dealing with wet glue to adhere them to projects.  There have actually been times that I have passed on using a die or even making an entire project because I didn't feel up to the hassle.  But now, those times are all behind us :D  So, back to the project... While I was die cutting, I cut a vellum circle using the Layering Circles Framelits.  Then, I stacked all three of the sentiments together (super easy with this adhesive :D).


Next, I added the sentiment piece to the vellum and then dotted the back of the vellum with the Fine Tip Glue Pen (just for a little extra security).  After adding that to the card front, I adhered it all to a Real Red A2 card front.  Finally, I added a little bling in the form of rhinestones, but then I went a little crazy and added Clear Wink of Stella to all the letters in the sentiment (if you look really closely in the second picture you can see little sparkles).

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts