Mother Day #1

Howdy!

Today's card is the one that I made for my mommy's Mother's Day card.  My mother is my best friend and I definitely grew up loved, so I knew exactly which sentiment I wanted to use.  I basically CASE'd Sam Donald of Pootles Papercraft for this card.

I started by heat embossing the flourish from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder on a piece of watercolor paper (I accidentally did it on the rougher side :/).  Then, I lightly wet it.  From there, I used the smooshing technique with Cherry Cobbler and Blushing Bride.


While that was drying, I stamped my sentiment from Suite Sayings in Versamark ink on a piece of vellum and heat embossing it with gold embossing powder.  With that cooling and the watercolor piece now dry, I splattered the smooshed piece with gold lettering ink.


That dried pretty quickly, so I was able to sponge multi-purpose wet glue all over the back of the vellum piece and add it to the watercolor paper.  From there, I layered that on a piece of Basic Black and that on a Cherry Cobbler A2 card base.  I finished the whole thing with some Basic Pearls around the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts